What Are The Advantages Of Package AC Units?
When central air conditioning is not an option, and opening a window is not enough to keep your home cool, window units are the most efficient way to control the temperature in your home. Unlike central air conditioning systems, these cooling devices are designed to cool specific areas, and the right size can quickly cool the air even in a reasonably large room. Here are some of the significant benefits of installing window air conditioners:
although the cost will depend on the quality of the unit and its cooling power, a good unit will cost only a few hundred dollars. However, the operating costs compared to a central air conditioning system are where the real savings come in, especially if you choose the right size machine for the room to be cooled.
Flexibility and Portability
you can select the size of the unit according to the size of the room to be cooled, and when you move, you can take it with you.
Most modern window ACs have terrific energy efficiency ratios or EERs. Units that are ‘Energy-Star’ certified have been designed to maximize energy output with minimal input.
Compact and Convenient
window air conditioners are designed to fit most window sizes in a home. Some units can function year-round, providing a cool breeze in summer and warm air in winter. Some models even have HEPA filters that act as air purifiers removing harmful particulates from the air.
How to Install A Window AC Unit
Installation is a simple and straightforward process, and no expertise is needed. We do recommend that you consult with an HVAC technician if you feel uncomfortable installing the package.
Step-by-Step instructions and all parts are included to install the unit in a window opening.
Before purchasing your window AC, measure the window opening to ensure that the unit will fit. If your window is too large for the chosen unit, don’t worry as each package AC comes with an accordion type panel to fit into the gap. Window ACs come in two versions – one for casement windows and one for double-hung windows, so make sure you choose the correct version as they are not interchangeable.
- Unpack the unit and all parts and follow the instructions. Most units supply screws with which to attach parts like flanges and panels.
- With the assistance of a helper, lift the unit into place onto the bottom frame of the window and slide it back until the top flange fits evenly with the bottom part of the window.
- Carefully lower the window sash to rest snugly behind the top flange of the AC unit and fit the bottom flange securely against the windowsill.
- Install the angle brackets that came with the unit to lock the sashes of the window in place. Secure the unit by placing one bracket on each side of the top of the window sash.
- Seal the gap between the upper and lower sash with a foam insulating strip.
- Plug the unit in, turn it on, and enjoy the cold air.
Where can you buy Used Packaged AC Units?
There are many places where you can buy refurbished, inspected, and certified package unit air conditioners. Used units are cost-effective, and most come with a guarantee and full refund within 30 days. Used AC Depot offers a large selection of high quality, used window air conditioners that are suitable for residential or commercial use.